Friday, June 14, 2013

Easy Homemade Finger Paint!

We've had some great storms here lately, followed my some really great rainbows.
So obviously, I decided the kids needed to know the colors of the rainbow. To assist me in teaching them all about ROY G. BIV (not to mention primary and secondary colors), I enlisted the help of finger paint. We made it of course :)

What you need:

  • 3 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of corn starch
  • 2 cups of water
(I usually double this recipe though)

Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan, then put on medium heat and whisk until thickened and clearish. Once your paint is cooled, separate into containers and add food coloring to create desired colors. Baby food jars work great. I knew my kids were going to use it all that day so I just used a muffin pan. 


When we were finished, we used mini marshmallows as stamps and painted dot rainbows on construction paper. Seeing all the fun we were having, my husband even joined in. He decided that the paint would look even better on the kids' faces. 
Needless to say, I think this project was a winner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment